- CA State Contractor Licenses:A (General Contractor), C-8 (Concrete), C60 (Welding)
- Los Angeles County (LACDPW)
- Approved products: ARS CL Series™, CPS-Mod Series™, EDC Filter Basket
- LACDPW Flood Control Permitted project experience
- City approved “Agent” for LACDPW Flood Control Permit” management
- Orange County Public Works (OCPW) & OC Transportation Association (OCTA)
- M2, Environmental Cleanup Program (ECP) Tier 1 grant provider
- Approved products: (all). Products on OCPW Master Purchase Agreement
- OCPW ranks G2 as their #1 stormwater device provider (2014 RFP)
- Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG) approved products
- High degree of familiarity with Local, State, and Federal government procedures, regulations and reporting.
- Disadvantaged Business Entity (DBE) certified
- Small Business Entity (SBE) certified
- Veteran owned business
- Project Management Professional (PMP) by personnel
- LEED AP BD+C by personnel
G2 Construction was founded by John R. Alvarado in 2001 with strong foundations in welding, concrete construction, shop fabrication, and field work. The company began designing, fabricating, and installing Automatic Retractable Screens (ARS), Connector Pipe Screens (CPS), and other stormwater protection devices for Los Angeles County Department of Public Works (LACDPW) and southern California municipalities in 2002. Since then, G2 has manufactured and installed hundreds of thousands approved devices on hundreds of stormwater projects in Southern California and Northern Cal. G2 offers complete solutions by performing project evaluation and consultation on stormwater devices and then designing, fabricating, and installing highly effective devices to meet and exceed specifications.
Today, G2 fabricates and installs tens of thousands of stormwater devices annually for public agencies and private construction in catch basins on both retrofit and new construction projects. We are the stormwater industry’s leader in offering very effective products at a great value. G2 has become the trusted solution provider over the past decade and have satisfied customers.
While G2 has expanded operations and service offerings significantly since 2001, with highly experienced and skilled personnel, John Alvarado continues to lead Team G2 as president and CEO.